What is Ahead for Grand Rapids Home Values
Over the past year, home prices have been a widely debated topic. Some have said we’ll see a massive drop in prices and that this could be a repeat of 2008 – which hasn’t happened. Others have forecasted a real estate market that could see slight appreciation or depreciation depending on the area of the country. And as we get closer to the spring real estate market, experts are continuing to forecast what they believe will happen with home prices this year and beyond.
Selma Hepp, Chief Economist at CoreLogic, says:
“While 2023 kicked off on a more optimistic note for the U.S. housing market, recent mortgage rate volatility highlights how much uncertainty remains. Nevertheless, the continued shortage of for-sale homes is likely to keep price declines modest, which are projected to top out at 3% peak to trough.”
Additionally, every quarter, Pulsenomics surveys a panel of over 100 economists, investment strategists, and housing market analysts regarding their five-year expectations for future home prices in the United States. Here’s what they said most recently:
So, given this information and what experts are saying about home prices, the question you might be asking is: should I buy a home this spring? Here are three reasons you should consider making a move:
- Buying a home helps you escape the cycle of rising rents. Over the past several decades, the median price of rent has risen consistently. The bottom line is, rent is going up.
- Homeownership is a hedge against inflation. A key advantage of homeownership is that it’s one of the best hedges against inflation. When you buy a home with a fixed-rate mortgage, you secure your housing payment, so it won’t go up like it would if you rent.
- Homeownership is a powerful wealth-building tool. The average net worth of a homeowner is $255,000 compared to $6,300 for a renter.
Experts are projecting slight price depreciation in the housing market this year, followed by steady appreciation. Given that, you may be wondering if you should move ahead with buying a home this spring. The decision to purchase a home is best made when you do it knowing all the facts and have an expert on your side.
Reach out to a local real estate professional to make the most informed decision about your next move.
Listen to Our Radio Ads.
Ada Homes for Sale, Allegan Homes for Sale, Belding Homes for Sale, Byron Center Homes for Sale, Caledonia Homes for Sale, Cedar Springs Homes for Sale, Comstock Park Homes for Sale, Downtown Grand Rapids Condos for Sale, East Grand Homes for Sale, Featured Listings, Forest Hills Homes for Sale, Grandville Homes for Sale, Grand Haven Homes for Sale, Grand Rapids Condos for Sale, Grand Rapids Homes for Sale, Greenville Homes for Sale, Holland Homes for Sale, Hudsonville Homes for Sale, Jenison Homes for Sale, Kenowa HIlls Homes for Sale, Kent City Homes for Sale, Kalamazoo Homes for Sale, Kentwood Homes for Sale, Lakefront Homes for Sale, Lake Michigan Homes for Sale, Lowell Homes for Sale, Newaygo Homes for Sale, Muskegon Condos for Sale, Northview School District Homes for Sale, Norton Shores Homes for Sale, Paw Paw Homes for Sale, Portage Homes for Sale, Rockford Homes for Sale, Sparta Homes for Sale, Tri County Homes for Sale, Vicksburg Homes for Sale, Walker Homes for Sale, Wayland Homes for Sale, Wyoming Home for Sale,
Zeeland Homes for Sale
Search for Condos
Byron Center Condos for Sale, Caledonia Condos for Sale, Downtown Grand Rapids Condos for Sale, Forest Hills Condos for Sale, Grandville Condos for Sale, Grand Rapids Condos for Sale, Jenison Condos for Sale, Kentwood Condos for Sale, Lowell Condos for Sale, Rockford Condos for Sale, Walker Condos for Sale, Wyoming Condos for Sale
Ada Realtor, Belding Realtor, Byron Center Realtor, Caledonia Realtor, Cedar Springs Realtor, Comstock Park Realtor, East Grand Rapids Realtor, Forest Hills Realtor, Grandville Realtor, Grand Haven Realtor, Grand Rapids Realtor, Greenville Realtor, Holland Realtor, Hudsonville Realtor, Jenison Realtor, Kalamazoo Realtor, Kentwood Realtor, Lowell Realtor, Paw Paw Realtor, Rockford Realtor, Sparta Realtor, Walker Realtor, Wyoming Realtor, Zeeland Realtor,
Grand Rapids Foreclosures, Preferred Providers, Blog
- Alger Heights Homes for Sale
- Allegan Homes for Sale
- Baileys Grove Homes for Sale
- Belding Homes for Sale
- Big Rapids Homes for Sale
- Byron Center
- Cedar Springs
- Comstock Park Homes for Sale
- Downtown Grand Rapids Condos for Sale
- East Grand Rapids
- Eastown Homes for Sale
- Forest Hills
- Garfield Park Homes for Sale
- Grand Rapids
- Greenville Homes for Sale
- Holland Homes for Sale
- Howard City
- Kalamazoo Homes for Sale
- Kenowa Hills Homes for Sale
- Kent City
- Lake Michigan Homes for Sale
- Lakeview Homes for Sale
- Northeast Grand Rapids Homes for Sale
- Northern Kent County
- Northwest Grand Rapids Homes for Sale
- Rockford Kent City Tri County Sparta Cedar Springs Newaygo
- Thornapple Kellogg Homes for Sale
- Tri County Schools Homes for Sale
The Lash Group - eXp Realty
Post a Comment