FIVE MONEY-SAVING GREEN UPGRADES
Going green is great for the environment, but that’s not the only benefit. When you make green upgrades in your home, it can also lead to some major savings.
- Solar panels: The upfront cost is big, but the long-term savings are huge. Solar panels will cost several thousand dollars to install, but ongoing maintenance costs are very low, and a typical system could save you hundreds of dollars per year. You can even sell your surplus electricity.
- Wood furnace: Wood-burning furnaces are relatively inexpensive, and though the yearly savings aren’t as dramatic (about 10% on heating bills), it adds up over the long run.
- Insulation: There’s a good chance your insulation isn’t very efficient, especially in older homes. Look into installing floor, cavity, wall, and loft insulation to reduce your heating bills.
- Rain barrels: Rain barrels are extremely inexpensive, and provide gallons of free water to use when you wash your car or water your garden.
- Geothermal system: OK, so the price tag is scary at first. A geothermal system uses the earth’s temperature to heat and cool your home, but can cost $30,000 to install. But tax credits allow you to get a lot of that money back, and the energy savings average about $1,900 per year. If you plan to be in your home for a decade or two, it’s a great investment.
Team Lead and Associate Broker
eXp Realty - The Lash Group
Ada Homes for Sale, Allegan Homes for Sale, Belding Homes for Sale, Byron Center Homes for Sale, Caledonia Homes for Sale, Cedar Springs Homes for Sale, Comstock Park Homes for Sale, Downtown Grand Rapids Condos for Sale, East Grand Homes for Sale, Featured Listings, Forest Hills Homes for Sale, Grandville Homes for Sale, Grand Haven Homes for Sale, Grand Rapids Condos for Sale, Grand Rapids Homes for Sale, Greenville Homes for Sale, Holland Homes for Sale, Hudsonville Homes for Sale, Jenison Homes for Sale, Kenowa HIlls Homes for Sale, Kent City Homes for Sale, Kalamazoo Homes for Sale, Kentwood Homes for Sale, Lakefront Homes for Sale, Lake Michigan Homes for Sale, Lowell Homes for Sale, Newaygo Homes for Sale, Muskegon Condos for Sale, Northview School District Homes for Sale, Norton Shores Homes for Sale, Paw Paw Homes for Sale, Portage Homes for Sale, Rockford Homes for Sale, Sparta Homes for Sale, Tri County Homes for Sale, Vicksburg Homes for Sale, Walker Homes for Sale, Wayland Homes for Sale, Wyoming Home for Sale,
Zeeland Homes for Sale
Search for Condos
Byron Center Condos for Sale, Caledonia Condos for Sale, Downtown Grand Rapids Condos for Sale, Forest Hills Condos for Sale, Grandville Condos for Sale, Grand Rapids Condos for Sale, Jenison Condos for Sale, Kentwood Condos for Sale, Lowell Condos for Sale, Rockford Condos for Sale, Walker Condos for Sale, Wyoming Condos for Sale
Ada Realtor, Belding Realtor, Byron Center Realtor, Caledonia Realtor, Cedar Springs Realtor, Comstock Park Realtor, East Grand Rapids Realtor, Forest Hills Realtor, Grandville Realtor, Grand Haven Realtor, Grand Rapids Realtor, Greenville Realtor, Holland Realtor, Hudsonville Realtor, Jenison Realtor, Kalamazoo Realtor, Kentwood Realtor, Lowell Realtor, Paw Paw Realtor, Rockford Realtor, Sparta Realtor, Walker Realtor, Wyoming Realtor, Zeeland Realtor,
Grand Rapids Foreclosures, Preferred Providers, Blog