5 NEGOTIATING TACTICS THAT KILL SALE
Negotiation is a subtle art in real estate, but skilled negotiators can usually find some common ground that satisfies all parties. On the other hand, using the wrong negotiation tactics can sink a deal pretty quickly. Here are some negotiation tactics buyers (and real estate professionals) should avoid:
- Lowball offers: Going far below market value when you make an offer damages your credibility as a buyer and can be insulting to the seller. The seller has a range in mind that they’ll accept, and if you’re not even approaching the low end of that range, they won’t even consider the offer.
- Incremental negotiations: Don’t continue to go back to the seller with small increases in your offer ($1,000 or less). The constant back-and-forth can grow tiresome and lead the seller to consider other opportunities.
- “Take it or leave it”: Try not to draw a line in the sand with your initial offer. The seller can get defensive and consider other offers if you immediately show that you’re unwilling to budge. Even if it’s true, don’t make a show of it.
- Nitpicking after inspection: Obviously if inspection reveals a major issue, it should be factored into the final sale price. But insisting on a lower price for every minor repair can put negotiations in a stalemate.
- Asking for more, more, more: Some buyers will request that the sellers throw in add-ons like furniture or appliances that weren’t included in the listing. Try to avoid giving the seller a reason to build up resentment and think that you’re being greedy.
Team Lead and Associate Broker
eXp Realty - The Lash Group
Ada Homes for Sale, Allegan Homes for Sale, Belding Homes for Sale, Byron Center Homes for Sale, Caledonia Homes for Sale, Cedar Springs Homes for Sale, Comstock Park Homes for Sale, Downtown Grand Rapids Condos for Sale, East Grand Homes for Sale, Featured Listings, Forest Hills Homes for Sale, Grandville Homes for Sale, Grand Haven Homes for Sale, Grand Rapids Condos for Sale, Grand Rapids Homes for Sale, Greenville Homes for Sale, Holland Homes for Sale, Hudsonville Homes for Sale, Jenison Homes for Sale, Kenowa HIlls Homes for Sale, Kent City Homes for Sale, Kalamazoo Homes for Sale, Kentwood Homes for Sale, Lakefront Homes for Sale, Lake Michigan Homes for Sale, Lowell Homes for Sale, Newaygo Homes for Sale, Muskegon Condos for Sale, Northview School District Homes for Sale, Norton Shores Homes for Sale, Paw Paw Homes for Sale, Portage Homes for Sale, Rockford Homes for Sale, Sparta Homes for Sale, Tri County Homes for Sale, Vicksburg Homes for Sale, Walker Homes for Sale, Wayland Homes for Sale, Wyoming Home for Sale,
Zeeland Homes for Sale
Search for Condos
Byron Center Condos for Sale, Caledonia Condos for Sale, Downtown Grand Rapids Condos for Sale, Forest Hills Condos for Sale, Grandville Condos for Sale, Grand Rapids Condos for Sale, Jenison Condos for Sale, Kentwood Condos for Sale, Lowell Condos for Sale, Rockford Condos for Sale, Walker Condos for Sale, Wyoming Condos for Sale
Ada Realtor, Belding Realtor, Byron Center Realtor, Caledonia Realtor, Cedar Springs Realtor, Comstock Park Realtor, East Grand Rapids Realtor, Forest Hills Realtor, Grandville Realtor, Grand Haven Realtor, Grand Rapids Realtor, Greenville Realtor, Holland Realtor, Hudsonville Realtor, Jenison Realtor, Kalamazoo Realtor, Kentwood Realtor, Lowell Realtor, Paw Paw Realtor, Rockford Realtor, Sparta Realtor, Walker Realtor, Wyoming Realtor, Zeeland Realtor,
Grand Rapids Foreclosures, Preferred Providers, Blog